First Lutheran Church | Detroit Lakes, MN
The primary goal of this project was to improve
circulation by adding narthex / gathering space adjacent to the sanctuary. The existing structure had multiple levels
and difficult circulation. The main
sanctuary, built in 1924, is the heart of the campus. Adding to the complexity
of the project is a sloping site divided in half by an existing alley. Programming for this project included new
church offices, multi-use classroom space and a youth center / preschool. Master planning for a future gymnasium and
additional parking were also considered.
The project was completed in 2000.